Tuesday, March 2, 2010

This a story about a change in me...

I have decided that I have been living in a box, trying to figure out how to properly express myself through this blog. I hate being in a box! While it is true, I love Fashion, and all things fashionable, I had to make a change to this Blog. It needs to be a means for me to open my box and spill out my box's contents. And so it will be; I will instead write about the things I love from now on. Fashion, yes; but realize, there are more things to Fashion than just clothing. Here are the things that I have found myself hopelessly in love with as of late.
I have decided to start writing everything in cursive. I just think cursive is so beautiful, and it is getting lost in this world. :( In the hopes of never letting it die out completely, I have committed myself to bringing it back into play in my life.
Next is my newest fancy for all things dress-like. That goes for skirts, dresses, and anything of the like. There is something so sweet about them. Wearing them reminds me of dress-up when my sister, cousin, and I were but little daydreamers, capitalizing on our deep imaginations. To me a dress is a sweet memory.
Finally, my life is all about the green tea, mixed with a hibiscus tea (in honor of my dear friend Ashpea). There is nothing better than sitting down after a long days work with a hot spot of tea, and pressing play on your favorite motion picture.
And so...there has been a change in me, I have found, since I have moved to Oklahoma. God pulled me from my home, like clay from a rock. However, it was not to bring me discomfort in being uprooted. It was to bring me to a place that I had nowhere else to go but to Him, nobody else to lean on but Him, and nobody else to focus on but Him. Then, and only then, was I able to let Him mold me into who He intended me to be. My potential was being limited in my rock...that place in the rock I was dwelling, fit me perfectly, and I to it. Perfect seems perfect right? Well I soon realized that perfect in that sense, meant comfortable. The Lord calls upon us to step out of our comfort zone...by doing so, we surrender everything to Him. This allows Him to do His best work, and that is what He is doing with me right now. Clay in His hand, He intends on making a masterpiece out of me, not for my glory, but for His own. And so it is with that, I say, there has been a change in me. I have found myself hopelessly in love with God. My eyes have been opened, and they crave beauty. Beauty in its simplest, most pure, and natural form; as God created it. Hence my retreat in taste, back to fundamentals, back to innocence, back to purity, back to Love.
"God is love, and all who live in love live in God, and God lives in them. And as we live in God, our love grows more perfect. So we will not be afraid on the day of judgement, but we can face him with confidence because we live like Jesus here in this world.
Such love has no fear, because perfect love expels all fear....We love each other because He loved us first." ~1 John 4:16-19

No comments:

Post a Comment