Thursday, October 15, 2009

Let's see what's cookin for the Holidays!

Not in the oven....what should be in our closets! Yup, I'm back for my second post!  I mentioned in my first post that I would share fashion, art, and design that inspires me.  I have selected a few looks that we will be seeing this holiday season, which thankfully, anybody, with any sized penny, could create from their own closet, or find at the place every artist loves from the depths of their creatively odd soul; the thrift store.  Since this Creative Liberator (a.k.a. Blog) is new, I have taken looks that are for the timid viewer, less ecstatic and lurid, more mellow...simple...easier to understand.  I don't want you guys to think I'm crazy, I'll ease you into my world.  Hahaha 
I love these looks!  These looks have a professional silhouette with a warm color pallet.  To add interest to the simple lines, and classic styles, splashes of bright colors are incorporated; just a nuance of fun to spruce up the ole work outfit.  I realize not everybody likes to do the professional look, so I will just give a few pointers on how to get creative to make them a little more casual.
#1.
This outfit is super classic in design.  The skirt has a bit of unique personality with its subtly altered shape, but other than that it is pretty typical for a nice skirt suit.  The color is perfect for the warm pallet I talked about; while beige can more often be found in the spring/summer seasons, this year it has found a cozy lil' spot in the fall/winter color story.  It adds a sort of rebellious touch to the fall collections, but it is fashion!! We are allowed to have spring colors in winter if we want!  The designer uses her pumps here for that nuance of color to make things a little more interesting.  
#2.
Could it be the little black dress?  Why yes...yes it is!  Let it be known that all closets everywhere will never have to be without the little black dress, for it is one article of clothing that will never leave the runway.  This version is fun, I like the fact that it is long sleeve, and keep your eyes peeled for the oversized belts!  These belts work for a variety of body types, and adds thrill to any simple ensemble.  P.S. The length is perfect; where it to work, or where it out, it is classy and respectable.  
#3.
I love this one!  It is a little bit more bold in style than the others so far, but in this generation it is important to present yourself boldly.  It seems like there is never enough time to actually get to know anyone, sadly, so artistic expression through what you wear seems to be the best outlet for describing who you are, in a nutshell.  Yes, we have all heard, "Don't judge a book by its cover."  But let's not be naive people!  This world judges, and this generation is moved by self expression, through fashion, art, and media....so get used to it.  So I say, present yourself sensibly and with class, BUT, do not, I repeat, do not sell your creativity short.  Live it up!  If you feel like wearing it, for goodness sake, where it!  Ok that was my two cents.  Now, why I chose this look; it is simple in color, and classic in impression.  I say classic in impression because of the trousers.  They are trousers indeed, yet, she takes the classic pant and shifts their typical existence in such a way that, they now, put off merely the impression of classic, with a modern edge.  Now, the shoes; I say yes to the boldness.  They are definitely a great pair of boots.  However, if it were me, and I was thinking, "work" for this ensemble, I would switch to a super cute pump, probably just as simple in color, and then add my special surprise of fabulous color via a sweet little cardigan, or gourmet leather jacket, both cropped in length to accentuate the high waist. :)
Ok, three should be good to chew on for now.  The great thing about these outfits is that the styles are so readily available in our wonderful thrift stores, because women let go of them to keep up with the high fashion...they didn't really think about the fact that they would be coming back in sooner than they thought!  :)  So for that, I say thank you!  Alright!  Until next time, enjoy!  Goodnight!
Love, love,
Rach

No comments:

Post a Comment